Pattern: PussyBow Blouse by Pattern Runway
- lowered bust dart 1" (?!?)
- shortened and took out gathers in the sleeves
- omitted the tie
- pinched out about 3/4" from the shoulder and redistributed the fullness into the dart - the same effect as going down a size and doing an FBA.
- lengthened the front ends for ties by several inches
- omitted interfacing
- increased seam allowance to 5/8" on all sides for french seams
- created back yoke and pleat as per instructions in my most favorite book ever
Fabric: cotton voile from Gorgeous Fabrics that I dyed here.
My thoughts? I love this pattern. The instructions were clear. It's super cute and versatile. The fabric, on the other hand, was kind of a nightmare. It's so delicate that I ripped my first collar in half. I'm terrified that Binks is going to shred it, so I won't be wearing it around the house much.
As it gets warmer, this piece is going to be really fun to style. I picture it with white jeans and sandals. Or black shorts with these. Or over a maxi dress?