I used the pattern as a sloper and made the adjustments I envisioned. Now there's a back yoke, an inverted box pleat, a lengthened front, short sleeves and I'm contemplating pockets. If all goes well it's going to be fabulous. I'm going to fit one more muslin, then cut into this: a voile from Gorgeous Fabrics.
I dyed it last summer and absolutely love the color. I can't rave enough about Dharma's Procion dyes.
The bodice was really close to a perfect fit, but I noticed excess fabric above the bust near the armhole. I get the same issue with ready-to-wear. So I pinched out 3/4" from the shoulder and tapered it to the bust, then slash and spread the pattern to move the fullness to the side dart. That adjustment caused a ripple effect and I had to lengthen the collar pieces as well. In hindsight, I should have cut a size smaller and done an FBA for a similar fit. I also moved the dart down 1/4."
I'm trying not to get antsy. I get really impatient because there are thousands of things I want to sew right now. But it's going to be worth it.