Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Hot Patterns Sleepwear

 After sharing a few pieces that need work, I wanted to share something that I made and love. After I sorted out some fit issues (more on that below), the sewing part was relatively quick. It was completed in May except for the ruffle. I didn't want to use my machine to attach it because the bias tape looked so pretty! Months later I hand-stitched the ruffle on. I'm glad I put in the extra effort. So here's another warm weather piece finished just in time for fall!

Pattern: Hot Patterns - 1093 Boudoir Of Bliss Ooh Yeah Baby-Doll

Mods: I traced off the pattern and made a muslin. The result was a lunch lady apron. The front piece was then slashed, spread, taped and glued. I have no idea what size I even cut out. The resulting pattern piece says 'custom fit based on muslin.' That is not very helpful information. Anyway, I will be very sad if I lose these pattern pieces because the fit is perfect.

The shorts were a size 8, but turned out so huge that I took in the side seams by TWO INCHES.

Fabric: Cotton batiste from Mood. I bought it there during my first-ever trip to New York a few years ago. It was an overwhelming experience.

1 comment:

  1. This is so adorable! I love the fabric and how comfy, yet still a bit sexy, it looks. Bravo.