Saturday, September 03, 2011

I may seriously regret making polyester shorts.


But I'm doing it anyway! The pattern is Burda 6/2011 #111. A year ago I made jeans in a sewing class with less than stellar results (the sewing part was fine, the fit was awful), but other than those I've never made bottoms besides skirts. I made a muslin and it seemed to fit fine. Even the pocket placement was good!

The fabric is super stretchy poly/cotton/lycra from Fabric Mart.
After these shorts are completed I have one more Tiny Pocket Tank to finish up then I'm done with summer sewing. I figured these shorts will be cute with a sweater and the tank will be great for layering, so they're transitional pieces.


1 comment:

  1. Love that bright yellow! I bet if the muslin turned out well these will too. Have you finished making these yet?

    ReplyDelete