Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Clover: Round 1

I completely missed the sewalong, but now I'm ready to go!




In order to use Colette's fit guide correctly, I needed to figure out my problem areas. The diagonal lines across my butt and pooling underneath indicates that a full butt adjustment is needed. The waist and hips fit great, but the legs are suuuper baggy. I like my pants tight! There were frown lines by my crotch, so I pinched out an inch at the center front seam.


That looks better, right? I'll also do a slight adjustment for my knock knees. I'm still undecided on the length. I think these will be relatively high-waisted and if that's the case then I can wear them with flats. But I mostly think they should be worn with heels. I lengthened the pattern by 2 7/8" and have taken up a 5/8" hem. I think they need to be a touch shorter.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. OMG, way to dive in with the Clovers! I'm really looking forward to starting these, but holy cow, they're intimidating! You're not too far off!

    ReplyDelete