This isn't my first time sewing pants. I've made jeans. But non-stretch jeans are significantly different than stretchy cigarette pants. These have been really tough to fit mainly because of my muslin fabric choices.
Round 2 was sewn up in mystery material from Joann's that I swear had something about "reversible jeggings" on the fabric bolt. It's the stretchiest of stretchy material and so incredible comfortable. I have enough left over to make these leggings once this Clover business is over with.
Anyway, I altered the pattern by doing a full butt adjustment and took out 1" horizontally from the front and back pieces. I also brought the legs in quite a bit. When I first tried these on they barely fit, but by the end of the day - yes, I wore them all day - they were perfect! But I still let the legs back out a bit for the final pair. The sides were really bunchy and weird, so I straightened the hip curve just a touch on both pieces.
At this point I'm just going to go for it. No more muslins. I've enjoyed the process because I LOVE messing around with fit and patterns, but it's time to move on. I'm still using mustard corduroy, but I also found some cute, stretchy lightweight denim in my stash that I might use up as well.
I've been knitting my little heart out and Kaide is almost finished! The front pieces need to be blocked and then it's just seaming and the collar that's left. Hooray! So expect to see some exciting stuff here in the next week.