Lavender of threadsquare kindly tagged me with the Versatile Blogger Award. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with seven things. Here we go:
1. I met my husband when I was 19. I worked at a fishing tackle shop and he needed an ice auger. It was love at first sight.
2. My blog name is misleading. I am a much better knitter than seamstress, but I think it has something to do with the risk factor. In knitting, you can unravel a whole sweater and get that yarn back if things go awry. With sewing there is no looking back and sometimes that scares me.
3. My cat Binks, the Binxiest of all the Binkertons, is one of the great loves of my life.
4. I was born and raised in Utah and almost 30 years later I still haven't made it out. Sure, we go on vacation, but I haven't lived anywhere else. This used to bother me, but I'm proud to say that I've been to all of the state's National Parks multiple times, hiked the Boulder Mountains, fished Causey Reservoir, rock-hounded Topaz Mountain, tagged along on a crane hunt in Vernal and have been everywhere else in between. It's a beautiful state and I'm grateful my husband's hobbies have taken me places I wouldn't have ventured on my own.
5. I love bright colors. Like, I've really had to restrain myself when it comes to home decor, but our house is still pretty saturated. For example, my sewing room is chartreuse. I also love buying loud yarn and fabric, but I mostly wear natural, muted colors. Funny, huh?
6. I have a pretty sick sense of humor and love to laugh. I read web comics daily, have been obsessed with Dibert since I was 12, love funny movies and [good] stand-up comedy.
7. I love to cook! I'm not amazing by any means, but I'll tackle any recipe and love trying new things. Lately we've been eating a lot of carnitas because I've been trying out different variations.
Thanks Lavender! That was really fun. Here are my picks (not new bloggers necessarily, just some of my favorites):
A Good Wardrobe
All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go
the wardrobe, reimagined