So I guess I need a sewing plan. Every time I go to my closet I reach for the same tops - UO v-neck poly-blend tees - and the same pants - old, holey jeans. Oookay. I have nice stuff, but I wear what's comfortable since I'm not in a situation where I necessarily need to dress up. In an effort to look slightly more put together I'm going to sew some stylish tops that are comfortable. That means using knits! I have a huge stash of knit fabric because I'm a hoarder and cannot resist rayon jersey. I'll make a couple of woven tees, too.
Here are the patterns that I want to sew immediately:
1. The Hot Patterns 1130 Triple Torque Tops - The reviews aren't great and I haven't had the best luck with Hot Patterns, but I love the styles enough to give it a go. I'll make a muslin of the bottom right view first.
2. Vogue 1262 Alice & Olivia Tunic - I love views A and C.
3. BurdaStyle Karen - I think this style will be flattering because I can cinch it around my waist.
4. Grainline's Scout Woven Tee - I have some pretty lace that I'd like to use for this top.
5. Salme Pleated Top - Ideally this will be made in chiffon. We'll see how that goes....
6. Pattern Runway Pussy Bow Blouse - I love, love, love this style of blouse.
Not too intense, right? Any words of advice? I know a few of you have sewn from these patterns...
In knitting news, Anhinga is almost done. I just need to sew on the sleeves. Yay! I should make accessories or finish up some old projects next, but of course I want to make another sweater and that sweater is the Riot Yoke Pullover. I know, I know. It's a bit much, but I love it. I don't have the yarn I want to use yet, so maybe I will finish a cowl or some socks in the meantime.