Tuesday, January 24, 2012

WIP: HP Torque Twisted Hem Top

The only review that I could find for this top mentioned that the armholes were big. Given the amount of effort that went into making my Hot Patterns sleepwear look normal, I was not surprised by the strange sizing. The blue knit top is a slouchy fitting favorite of mine. Obviously there was work to be done. I cut out a size 10 and ended up with something closer to a 12, but with the armholes drastically reduced.


The side seams had a really intense curve for a defined waist, but I prefer a straight cut on my knit tops.


The sleeve pattern piece was a little intimidating, but I did it. Hooray for a semester of pattern-making at community college! Totes worth it.




Alright, alright. It's a bit anti-climatic on the hanger, but believe me that it is cute on (I'm too lazy/disheveled to model tonight). I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT IT. I think I'll use a grey rayon blend that I picked up for cheap at Designer's Resource for the real deal. But don't hold me to that.


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like this style! The drapey effect is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, can't wait to see you modeling the final version! You rock a slouchy look.

    ReplyDelete